Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

SugarCRM & redmine integration


At Tekdi we've been using SugarCRM since long to manage all the customers leads and other possible data. The part after that - a solid project management system has always been a point of contention and we've switched to and fro with many systems, notably dotproject (DP). Recently I got to know about redmine and since then have shifted over to the same.

To ease things, previously I had created a small bridge between Sugar and dotproject that automagically creates a project in DP once an opportunity is marked as 'closed won'. This was easily managed since both systems are PHP.
Enter redmine and I was looking at a something written in ruby/rails - hieroglyphics to me !

I soon realised that it had a rest api that allowed creating projects. However when I tried to use the API it kept on giving errors and I was left with directly dealing with the MySQL db. Upon seeing that redmine uses the Nested set model to store data I simply gave up  the idea of creating a bridge.

Redmine then released v1.0.0in late July and the API is dramatically improved and works well. Now I could get my bridge to work. Creating a custom override in Sugar did the trick and I was now able to create projects in redmine.

To use the  bridge, place the Opportunities folder in the following folder in SugarCRM
[sugarcrm root]/custom/modules

Download bridge files

No comments:

Post a Comment